The Giants went 3-3 last week, leaving them 12-7 for the season, 2md in the NL West , 1.5 games behind the Rockies.
- Tuesday: L 10-8 at Brewers. LP: Zito (2-1). HR: Crawford (2).
- Wednesday: L 4-3 at Brewers. LP: Casilla (1-1).
- Thursday: L 7-2 at Brewers. LP: Cain (0-2). HR: Crawford (3).
- Friday: W 3-2 vs. Padres. WP: Casilla (2-1).
- Saturday: W 2-0 vs. Padres. WP: Lincecum (2-0). HR: Sandoval (3).
- Sunday: W 5-0 vs. Padres. WP: Zito (3-1). HR: Posey (1).
Hot-and-cold week for the Giants, swept in Milwaukee, sweeping at home. It really shows what flies balls do at Miller Park and what they do at AT&T. The Brewers hit 7 home runs in the series, compared to 2 by the Giants. Meanwhile, the Padres only managed one home run at AT&T, accounting for one of their two runs in the series.
DIAMONDBACKS (10-8) at GIANTS
- Monday: Diamondbacks (Miley 2-0) at Giants (Vogelsong 1-1), 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: Diamondbacks (Corbin 2-0) at Giants (Cain 0-2), 7:10 p.m.
- Wednesday: Diamondbacks (Kennedy 1-2) at Giants (Bumgarner 3-0), 12:45 p.m.
The Giants will see a familiar face when the Diamondbacks come to town. Cody Ross signed as a free agent with Arizona last winter after playing last season with the Red Sox. Ross was the NLCS MVP in 2010 and played all of 2011 with the Giants. … The Giants went 9-9 against Arizona last season, but won 4 of the last 6 meetings. … Giants enter the season having won eight consecutive games against NL West opponents. … Arizona has lost 4 of its last 6 games.
GIANTS at PADRES (5-13)
- Friday: Giants (Lincecum 2-0) at Padres (Stults 2-2), 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday: Giants (Zito 3-1) at Padres (Marquis 1-1), 5:40 p.m. MLB Network
- Sunday: Vogelsong (1-1) at Padres (Richard 0-1), 1:10 p.m.
Petco Park has not been kind to the Giants in past season. But last year, the Giants won each series in San Diego, winning 6 of 9 there. … And that certainly gives Giants fans something to cheer as they generally outnumber Padres fans at Petco. … This year’s Petco will have a new look as the fences were brought in. … The Padres starting pitchers for this season is a bit in flux. The team currently only has four healthy starting pitchers after Tyson Ross went on the DL. He has not been replaced in the rotation, but the Padres could stick with their first four pitchers as Thursday is an off day for the Padres. … OF Carlos Quentin will have finished with his eight game suspension by the time the Giants come to town. … The Padres have won five games this season, four against the Dodgers.