Still trying to keep the faith as the Giants prepare to play the Reds in Game 3 of the National League Division Series.
But it’s hard given the cold, hard facts about being down 0-2 in the NLDS.
- 21 teams have fallen behind 0-2 in the NL Division Series since its inception in 1995. None have rallied to win the series.
- Only one has a team even managed to force a Game 5. That was last year when Arizona won Games 3 and 4 to force a Game 5. However, those two wins came at home for Arizona.
- Teams falling behind 0-2 in the NLDS are 5-16 in Game 3.
- Teams falling behind 0-2 with two losses at home are 2-6 in Game 3s on road.
- The Reds have not lost three consecutive games at home this season.
- The Giants haven’t swept a series in Cincinnati since 1999.
- The Giants swept three road series this season: Aug. 3-5 at Colorado; Aug. 20-22 at Los Angeles; Aug. 28-30 at Houston.
- The last time the Giants won an elimination game on the road was Game 5 of the 2002 NLDS in Atlanta.
But, hey, there’s always a time to make history.